In response to the increasing effects of the Coronavirus outbreak the MQL make the following statement;
From 16 March 2020
1. Any remaining individual matches in the Leagues may be completed by the mutual agreement of the teams involved taking into consideration the teams, the venue, the proximity of seating, etc.
2. No team is under any obligation to play a match. Should a team wish to withdraw they may do so without reproach. They should inform their League Secretary, their opposition and if necessary, their venue. If a trophy, title, promotion or relegation depends upon the outcome of the match then it may be postponed until after the current situation is resolved, otherwise the match may be declared a draw. Teams will all be asked to keep the question sets secure.
3. Feeny / Rendon Cups to be postponed.
4. A decision about the Liverpool/Wirral Riley Cup (due to start on Monday 30 March) to be made by Sunday 22 March (Advisory).
5. The Merseyside Mimir heats (Wednesday 18 March) to be postponed.
6. The MQL Finals and Presentation Evening (Wednesday 13 May) to be postponed as should any League Presentations and end of season events.
7. The holding of the MQL AGM (Sunday 5 April) to be suspended until a time when a conventional face to face meeting may be held. In the meantime the President, Chairman, General Secretary, Assistant General Secretary and Treasurer will consult in order to make such plans that are necessary for setting up the 2020-21 Season.
These decisions have been made bearing in mind that at all times the health of players (and their families) is paramount.