“The Really Tricky Sports Quiz Book” has been compiled by David Jenkins and Ian Starkie, based on questions that were devised for the Stone (Staffordshire) Cricket Club Sports Quiz between 2011 and 2014. The book has 70 rounds of 10 questions with each round being worth between 10 and 38 marks. In addition, there are 20 tables of sporting facts to be completed throughout the book. There are 13 different sports covered, although football and cricket have the lion’s share, and several thematic rounds, including decades, managers, geography, captains and birthdays!
Where possible, questions have been devised to stand the test of time but we have used 31st March 2015 as the up-to-date point. The questions have been designed for groups to have a go at so we suggest that you share them with friends and family.
All profits from the sale of the book will go to two charities:-
- Katharine House Hospice, based in mid Staffordshire
- Stroke Association
“The Really Tricky Sports Quiz Book” costs £6.99 or £8.50 including p&p (UK) and is available from The Willows Publishing Co Ltd, 17 The Willows, Stone, Staffordshire ST15 0DE. Payment can be by cheque or directly into the bank. For further details contact:-
David Jenkins - email@example.com Tel 01785 814700
Ian Starkie - firstname.lastname@example.org Tel 01889 271046
They have initially printed 1500 books and we need to sell 400 to cover the printing costs. To tempt you to buy a copy (or preferably copies!) of “The Really Tricky Sports Quiz Book” here are some sample questions:-
- Which footballer, whose clubs include Chelsea and Stoke City, came on as a substitute to replace his father in an international against Estonia in 1996?
- Three Indians have scored more than 2000 test runs and taken over 200 Test wickets. Who are they?
- Five golfers have represented Team USA 8 or more times in the Ryder Cup. Two of them made their first appearance in the 60s, one in the 70s and two in the 90s. Name them.
- Since the Second World War, which three Great Britain athletes have won Olympic medals in the Men’s triple jump?
- Who is the only woman to have won 8 grand slam singles titles as a teenager?
- Which circuit has hosted the most Formula 1 grand prix – 64 – missing only one year between 1950 and 2014?